The primary aim of the Department throughout has been to offer playing opportunities to all college students’ desirous of practicing sports seriously. Encourage the talented ones to make sincere effort to achieve the higher distinction in sports at V.T.U., State, Inter University and National/International levels by providing them the best available inputs in terms of equipment, coaching, training, nutrition, kitting etc.
College Sports Infrastructure
1. Indoor Facilities
- Indoor stadium having facilities for Badminton – 3 courts, Basket Ball – one court, Table Tennis - 4, and other facilities like carom - 4, Chess - 8 etc.,
- Conditioning Hall with Multi gymnasium and Individual Exercise Stations to practice Weight lifting, Power Lifting, Best Physique.
- Separate fitness centre for athletes/sports persons.
2. Out Door facilities
- Standard Athletic Track of 400 mts. and facilities for all types of Throws & Jumps and Pavilion with fitness centre.
- One Hockey field
- Three Volley Ball courts
- One Hand Ball court
- One Basket Ball courts
- One Foot Ball field
- Other facilities like Kabaddi court – 1, Kho Kho court -1, Net Ball
Court – 1, Throw Ball - 1 etc.
Incentives to outstanding sports persons provided from the college
- Sports facilities carrying free boarding, lodging, medical facility, sports kit and standard equipment to eligible sportspersons during participation of VTU Inter Collegiate competitions.
- Arrangements for special examination for sportspersons if they missed regular examination on account their participation in VTU and other important competitions.
- Sports kit carrying T-shirt, shorts and equipments like cricket kit, Foot Ball and Hockey Shin guard/stockings, Badminton kit, Tennis kit and costumes for Weight Lifters, Power Lifters, Wrestlers and other equipments to the sportspersons during participation of VTU and important competitions.
- Track suits provided to the sportspersons those who secured first or second position in VTU and other important competitions both individual and group events.
- Cash awards to high achievers like college Individual Championship athletes, Inter University participants/medal winners, best outgoing sportsperson & VTU record holders in any event are given during College Day programme.
- Free medical aid and Physiotherapy are given in case of any injury or illness.
- Arrangements for calling outside coaches/event specialists for training/coaching the students in Volley Ball, Wrestling, Judo, Kabaddi, Hand Ball, Foot Ball, Hockey etc., for sportspersons
- Providing Grace Marks to college sportspersons for participation of VTU Inter Collegiate competitions.